Last updated 13/08/2021
COLLECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may collect information about you in a variety of ways. The information we may collect on the Site includes:
Personally identifiable information, such as your name, shipping address, email address, and telephone number, and demographic information, such as your age, gender, hometown, and interests, that you voluntarily give to us when you register with the Site or when you choose to participate in various activities related to the Site, such as online chat and message boards. You are under no obligation to provide us with personal information of any kind, however your refusal to do so may prevent you from using certain features of the Site.
Information our servers automatically collect when you access the Site, such as your IP address, device identifiers, location, your browser type and language, your operating system, your access times, and the pages you have viewed directly before and after accessing the Site.
Mobile Device Data
Device information, such as your mobile device ID, model, and manufacturer, and information about the location of your device, if you access the Site from a mobile device.
Information from third parties, such as personal information or network friends, if you connect your account to the third party and grant the Site permission to access this information.
Data From Contests, Giveaways, and Surveys
Personal and other information you may provide when entering contests or giveaways and/or responding to surveys.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfil transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyse usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site.
- Offer new products, services and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site.
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Site.
LEGAL BASIS OF PROCESSING
In accordance with data protection legislation, we will only process your personal data where we have a lawful basis for doing so. These bases are:
- where it is necessary for the performance of a contract we have with you;
- where you have provided your consent;
- where it is necessary for us to comply with a legal obligation that we are subject to; or
- where it is in our (or a third party’s) legitimate interests and such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
RETENTION OF DATA
The length of time we keep your personal data will vary depending on the purpose for it being held. We will only keep your data for a reasonable period of time, which is based on this purpose and once fulfilled, your data will be securely deleted or unless we are required to retain the data longer for legal, tax or accounting reasons.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share information we have collected about you in certain situations. Your information may be disclosed as follows:
By Law or to Protect Rights
If we believe the release of information about you is necessary to respond to legal process, to investigate or remedy potential violations of our policies, or to protect the rights, property, and safety of others, we may share your information as permitted or required by any applicable law, rule, or regulation. This includes exchanging information with other entities for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Third-Party Service Providers
We may share your information with third parties that perform services for us or on our behalf, including payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing assistance.
With your consent, or with an opportunity for you to withdraw consent, we may share your information with third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Interactions with Other Users
If you interact with other users of the Site, those users may see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity, including sending invitations to other users, chatting with other users, liking posts, following blogs.
When you post comments, contributions or other content to the Site, your posts may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Site in perpetuity.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the. These companies may use information about your visits to the Site and other websites that are contained in web cookies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services or promotions.
Other Third Parties
We may share your information with advertisers and investors for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. We may also share your information with such third parties for marketing purposes, as permitted by law.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
TRANSFER OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE UNITED KINGDOM AND EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
The Site is headquartered in the United Kingdom. We and service providers processing personal data on our behalf, transfer personal data to servers outside the EEA including in the United States of America for storage purposes. These countries may not have equivalent data protection legislation to the UK. However, when we transfer your personal information in this way we will endeavour to ensure that adequate safeguard measures are in place so that your personal data is treated in a way that is consistent with and which respects the UK laws on data protection, including via standard contractual clauses.
In certain situations, the courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those countries might be entitled to access your personal information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to you on your visit to the Site and/or other
sites on the Internet. You may opt out of personalized advertising by visiting Ads Settings.
We use Google Analytics to understand how users engage with our Site.
Google Analytics is a web analysis service provided by Google LLC or by Google Ireland Limited, depending on the location the Site is accessed from, (“Google”). Google utilises the Data collected to track and examine the use of the Site, to prepare reports on its activities and share them with other Google services.
Google may use the Data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
You can opt-out of your data being used by Google Analytics through cookies by visiting tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and downloading the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
For more information see the Google Analytics privacy policies as follows:
You should be aware that getting a new computer, installing a new browser, upgrading an existing browser, or erasing or otherwise altering your browser’s cookies files may also clear certain opt-out cookies, plug-ins, or settings.
Some of these links may be affiliate links where we earn a commission when you click on them and purchase a product through those links. For further information refer to our Affiliate Disclosure.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
We use administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your personal information. While we have taken reasonable steps to secure the personal information you provide to us, please be aware that despite our efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable, and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse. Any information disclosed online is vulnerable to interception and misuse by unauthorized parties. Therefore, we cannot guarantee complete security if you provide personal information.
POLICY FOR CHILDREN
We do not knowingly solicit information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under age 13, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
THE RIGHTS OF USERS
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
If at any point you would like to opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us, or would like to change the methods that we use to contact you, please click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any emails you receive, or email us, stating your preferences, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Exercising Your Rights in Relation to Your Personal Information
Under certain circumstances, by law, you have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- a right of access to your personal data held by us;
- a right to receive your personal data in machine-readable format;
- a right to object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on legitimate interests (or those of a third party) for a particular purpose and you believe your circumstances mean you are unjustifiably prejudiced by this processing and where we do not have compelling legitimate interests to override such objection;
- a right to ask us not to process your personal data for direct marketing purposes (including profiling for the purpose of direct marketing) and you can find out more information about how to unsubscribe or adjust your marketing preferences in the paragraph above.
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means which significantly affects you;
- a right in certain circumstances to have personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to complain to your data protection supervisory authority.
These rights can be exercised by contacting us at email@example.com. In order to protect you, we reserve the right to verify your identity before processing any such request.
If you are unsure about your rights you should contact your data protection supervisory authority. In the UK this will be the Information Commissioner’s Office.